Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gitmo torture tactics revealed

The attorney for Gitmo inmate Salim Hamdah wants Hamdah's statements to interrogators excluded from his trial because of the "coercive tactics" used there by the US. As the Washington Post reports:
Hamdan, a former driver for Osama bin Laden who is accused in a terrorism conspiracy, told a military court that during questioning in 2002, a female interrogator "came close to me, she came very close, with her whole body towards me. I couldn't do anything. I was afraid of the soldiers."

"Did she touch your thigh?" asked Hamdan's attorney Charles Swift.

"Yes. . . . I said to her, 'What do you want?' " Hamdan said at a pretrial hearing. "She said, 'I want you to answer all of my questions.' "

"Did you answer all of her questions after that?" Swift asked. Hamdan said he did.

Hamdan's attorneys are seeking to persuade a judge to throw out incriminating statements he allegedly made to interrogators at the U.S. military prison here, arguing that they were obtained through coercive tactics.
Hat tip: BotW.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics