Thursday, February 28, 2013

MediaMatters lives in its own fantasy world

While doing some research, I ran across this 2009 'fact check' from Media Matters for America:
And rest assured, you're not the only "firm believer" in the 2nd Amendment.  I found a video of President Obama promising "I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away."

Watch it yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBHkMADXnOw
 
So, there you have it: . . . . Obama's not taking away our guns.
As the last couple months have made clear, Obama never meant a word of that campaign statement.  Like most progressives, he strongly opposes the right of self-defense.  MMfA's 'fact check' was  just an exercise in self-delusion.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics